Monday, June 27, 2011

Lonesome Flower

Storytime:
Tonight, as I push through the final steps into my air conditioned house after a long day, I stop at my door.  This flower catches my eye. My house is dark, the street is dark and this area is surrounded by greenery and weeds. We are in the middle of a drought, a mediocre one, but a drought nonetheless. Yet still, this flower sits right by my door in perfect bloom. Naturally, I run and grab the camera. 

Sidenote: 
Last week, when vacationing in NY, my Uncle Steve took me out for a camera lesson and taught me some basics with aperture and shutter speed. Normally, I'd put my camera on a setting and just shoot, but I figured this time it would be best to try my new fancy-shmancy knowledge. 

And here are the results:




No comments:

Post a Comment